Friday, July 23, 2010

Reflection of Week 2

After reading Chapter 2 of our book, watching the videos, reading student's action reasearch ideas and completing my assignments, I am much more comfortable with developing my own action research. More than comfortable, I am anxious to dive in and see what I discover. (I find myself comming up with so many topics of interest.) I realize the importance of administrators working with their staff and developing good relationships. The nine passions were very helpful and I am certain will be useful in my career as an administrator as I strive to have a successful campus.

3 comments:

  1. I relate! I too was first intimidated by the depth and scope of the examples of action research highlighted by our interview video candidates. The text really calmed my fears as I realized I could start small.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also found that I was (still am) struggling with exactly how to get this project going. I am also wondering how this differs from the main project that we do as a part of the internship. I'm hoping that the topic will almost narrow itself to a manageable size by asking specific questions. The Dana book examples were helpful, I thought, as well as the videos. Good luck on your research!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments. It helps to know that I am not in this boat alone. I am still with you, Teresa. Good luck to the both of you!

    ReplyDelete